I. Application Process:
- The official Master Participants list must contain names and age of all contestants as of 01/26/2022 which MUST be verified and confirmed to be accurate by the dance school prior to submission of the form.
- Deadline for submitting the application is April 17th, 2022.
- Entry Fee: $ 60.00 per participant (Non-refundable).
- Entry fee for any new addition to the participants list after January 26th, 2022, will be $75/per participant (non-refundable and non- negotiable).
- ayment due at the end of the application completion. No entry will be official until a full payment is processed.
- Please submit one application form for each group entry with the associated payment.
- Entries will be on a first come first serve basis and will be limited to the available performance time.
II. Rules and Regulations:
To ensure the successful execution of the event, we have the following rules and regulations. PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW THEM & CONSENT. Ensure correct spelling of participants’ and choreographers’ names in the attached application form. Please attach the picture of the choreographer which may be used for Brochure.
- The song selection will be on a first-come-first-select basis to avoid repetition. Feel free to call us in advance to book your song entry. The entry will be reserved for 5 days. In that timeframe the application must be received with the associated fee. Please call Saurin Parikh at 516- 652-7862, or email at email@example.com). FIA reserves the right to accept or reject the songs at any time. Please attach the picture of the choreographer to be used for Brochure, already part of the application form.
- Lively Performance Songs reflecting Indian culture are highly encouraged. Songs with explicit language are NOT allowed. Patriotic songs will get positive points as per Exhibit A.
- The song shall NOT be longer than 5 minutes. Songs playing over 5 minutes shall be subjected to negative markings as per Exhibit A.
- Allow for a maximum of 10 seconds of blank space before the song plays.
Email the song clearly marked with the name of the school, category and duration of song.
- There are no limitations on the numbers of Props but all must be submitted for approval. Props should be light enough to be carried by one participant of that category. FIA shall NOT help/assist in handling/ transferring or setting up props. Bulky/Big/Stodgy props are NOT allowed and will be denied entry to the auditorium due to safety concerns. There are no additional points for props.
- All props MUST be submitted for approval by April 24th, 2022. Any/all unapproved props will result in negative marking as per Exhibit A.
- Dances with decent lyrics and decent dress code are highly encouraged. The FIA committee deserves the right to disqualify a performance citing inappropriate clothing.
- Glass bangles are NOT allowed on the stage or in the dressing area citing safety concerns.
- Dry or wet colors, grains, glitters and/or particles or material of any nature whatsoever, shall NOT be thrown on the stage, backstage and or in the dressing area. Violators shall be subjected to monetary damages.
- Props setup time and participant set up time shall take less than 45 seconds. No additional time shall be given.
- No aerial acts or suspension acts are allowed citing safety concerns.
- A minimum of 8 participants per performance needed. No solo performances will be allowed.
- Only one choreographer, one manager and participants will be allowed on stage and backstage. It has been observed that parents enter the backstage. Points will be deducted for on Stage or backstage violators for this rule.
- All the participants are expected to come to the auditorium completely ready in their costumes and makeup. Back stage shall be used for touch ups only.
- All participants, managers and choreographers shall behave respectfully with FIA Team, Volunteers and follow their directions carefully. Misbehaviour will not be tolerated and will be escorted out of the building by the security officials.
Judging Criteria :-
All categories will be judged on Choreography (20 Points), Costume (20 Points), Facial Expressions (20 Points), Overall Coordination/Presentation (20 Points), Overall Technique/song selection (20 Points).
- Judges’ decision will be final.
- Proof of participant’s age with a photo ID shall be always maintained by the dance school, and it is subject to verification anytime during the competition by the judges or the FIA committee. Choreographer/Manager of the pertaining school shall maintain and be able to furnish proof of age with a photo when needed. No Proof will result in No admission to the stage/backstage. Be honest and guide our next generation to be honest.
- FIA Committee reserves the right to disqualify any dance school due to disorderly conduct and or vandalism.
- FIA deserves the right to strip the award/ awards received by the school on account of unprofessionalism including but not limited to altercation of any kind and/or disorderly conduct.
- There will be 3 (1st, 2nd, 3rd) prizes in each category. Minor Category; 3 Prizes / Junior Category 3 Prizes / Senior Category 3 Prizes. Additionally, there will be 1 trophy each for the overall best Costume, and overall best Choreography; 1 Prize for Best Debut School or rising star (small schools). There will trophies distributed for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winner in Adult Category (No cash Prize).
- Disorderly conduct during the event will not be tolerated. Professionalism towards the event, other teams and volunteers should be maintained at all times.NO vandalism will be tolerated.
- NO Food and/or drinks allowed in the auditorium. FIA Team will provide Food and drinks to the participants/choreographers/managers at no extra cost.
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises.
- The war memorial theatre and FIA will not be responsible for any physical injury/loss incurred by any dance school and/or individual participating in the show or associated with the program or school.
- FIA at its sole discretion upon receipt of maximum applications shall close further new entries.
- All the event photographs and videos are the property of the FIANYNJCT and can be used at the discretion of FIA in promos and other even related and other appropriate collaterals as deemed fit by the non-profit.
- A participant is only allowed to perform in one category which was listed during the application form. A participant is allowed to perform in the older category than his/her age group. The entire performance will be disqualified if a Participant found in multiple performances or in a wrong group than registered for.
- All participants/choreographers/
managers are required to abide by the current Covid-19 protocols. Please note that they may change anytime. Please read and beware of the current state/federal regulations carefully. All participants/choreographers/ managers shall be fully vaccinated on the day of the event.
- FIA reserves the right to amend rules and regulations based on the need and suggestions.
- Maximum of five (5) minutes per entry will be strictly enforced with a penalty point of 10 points for every 5 seconds over 5.03 minutes for all the dance categories. (- 10 every 5 seconds over 5.03 minutes).
- Items with songs depicting patriotic fervour (Intense and Passion) will get additional 5 points (+ 5).
- All props need prior approval.
- Unapproved props will result in deduction of 10 points (-10 for each unapproved prop).
- It is imperative that the parent and the choreographer verify the listed age of each participant before the form submission. Age verification will be requested at any time. For each Violation or participant found in the wrong category/age group, during or after the performance will result in -10 points. Participant in violation will not be allowed to perform if found prior to the performance.
- The following is the list of categories based on the age as of 01/26/2022. No exceptions allowed. 1. Minor Category: Age 6 to 11 2. Junior Category: Age 12 to 15 3. Senior Category: Age 16 to 20 4. Adult Category: Age 21 and above